Although I have published opening hours on this page, I aim to be flexible and will work hours that best suit you.
Fiona Wetherell Counselling, Folkestone, Kent.
Why do people have counselling?
It is not always easy to talk to family and friends about what is bothering you, which is where counselling can help. There are a variety of reasons for seeking counselling, you may be experiencing difficult events or difficulties with relationships. You may be experiencing intrusive or negative thoughts which you would like help to alleviate. You may have noticed a recurring pattern in your behaviour which you feel no longer works to your advantage, or be experiencing loneliness, bullying, grief, or have experienced rape or sexual abuse.
Most importantly, you do not have to be in a crisis to seek counselling. Counselling will not give you out-of-the-box answers but offers a safe, non-judgmental place within which to explore the reasons behind whatever may be troubling you.
I aim to work at your pace, offering short or long-term counselling. Sessions are normally 50 minutes long and are held on the same day/time every week, although I do offer flexibility. Counsellors work in a variety of ways which is why it is important that we meet face to face initially to discuss your requirements/aims of therapy and for me to explain how I work so that we can both assess compatibility.
Some Reasons For Counselling
- Mental Health Issues
- Personal Trauma
- Anxiety and Depression
- Grief Management
- Understanding Life and Purpose
- Mood and Personality Disorders
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Forgiveness and Moving On
- Improving Self-Care and Neglect
- Marriage or Relationship Problems
- Parenting Issues
- Learning About Self-Acceptance
- Low Self-esteem
- Eating Disorders
- Breaking Old Relationship Patterns
- Breaking Bad Habits
- Investing in Yourself
Counselling Benefits For You
- There are so many benefits, I have listed the main ones below
- Finding the right therapist can help you to move forward
- Counselling will give you the time and space required to work through your problems
- Talking therapy will help you to gain a different perspective on problems and issues
- Talking therapy will provide you with a safe, non-judgmental and respectful environment
- Counselling can help you to regain your sense of well-being and balance in your life
- Counselling will often help you to think more clearly and make better decisions
- Talking therapy may help you to feel motivated, confident and assertive
- Talking therapy may help you to improve and maintain relationships
- Counselling may help you release your true potential
MY COUNSELLING QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Ed (Hons) 1982
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling working with Children and Young People
- Graduate Certificate in Systemic Approaches to working with Individuals, Families and Organisations (Foundation) – University of Essex and The Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Level 6 Diploma in Rape and Sexual Abuse
I am an extremely good listener, I aim to help you find a way through your problems. I draw on my many years of experience.
My experiences in helping people have been very positive to date and I strive to continue this success.
I aim to keep my prices at an affordable level which also reflects the quality of the services that I provide.